When you open any company file so if you are getting a pop-up on your display screen and showing the message ‘We are sorry, QuickBooks encounter an issue so that would be QuickBooks error -6000, -77.
Generally, this error indicates when you stored the company file under an inappropriate folder.
There might be several reasons, if you are a victim of QuickBooks error code -6000, -77 so this post will assist you with very easy & convenient steps.
WHAT ARE THE ACTUAL CAUSES OF QUICKBOOKS ERROR -6000, -77?
There are plenty of reasons when error code -6000, -77 arrived on the display screen. Let’s see the major causes:
- QuickBooks is not working as an administrator.
- The company file has been corrupted or damaged.
- When using the file name with special & unique characters or spaces.
- When the user stored the QuickBooks file on the external devices.
ESSENTIAL TIPS BEFORE TROUBLESHOOTING THE QUICKBOOKS ERROR -6000, -77.
- QuickBooks must be updated, if that is not so before starting the resolving process, just check the latest version.
- Before proceeding, just take the backup of the company files.
- Restart or reboot your software as well as desktop or laptop.
- Transfer your QuickBooks file into the local drive if those files are situated in external storage.
HASSEL-FREE TROUBLESHOOTING SOLUTIONS FOR THE QUICKBOOKS ERROR CODE -6000, -77:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks As A Administrator:
- Open your WINDOWS SYSTEM then, log in to the ADMIN via credentials.
- Then, visit the QUICKBOOKS icon.
- RIGHT-CLICK on the QuickBooks icon.
- Choose RUN AS AN ADMINISTRATOR from the menu option.
Now you are done!
Solution 2: Check the latest update of the QuickBooks:
- Firstly, open the QUICKBOOKS & RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
- Tap on the HELP menu and select the UPDATE option.
- Then, tap on the NAMED UPDATE option.
- Next, SELECT ALL the updates.
- After completing the update, just tap on the SAVE CHANGES button.
- Go to the UPDATE NOW and tap on the RESET UPDATE under the reset option.
- Then, the update will be DOWNLOAD on your computer.
- Finally, close the QUICKBOOKS SOFTWARE and tap on the YES button. (If asking for the update)
- Now, your update will successfully INSTALL.
Solution 3: Re-generate the Damaged Folder:
- Firstly, just CREATE A NEW FOLDER and the location of the folder must be in C DRIVE.
- Go to the OLD FOLDER and LOCATE the file.
- Open the. QBW and RIGHT-CLICK on the file.
- Choose the COPY option and then, go to the NEW FOLDER.
- Press CTRL + V KEY simultaneously.
- Approve the WINDOWS PERMISSION access and open the company file in the NEW LOCATION.
Solution 4: Install & run the QuickBooks file doctor:
- Initially, you have to DOWNLOAD the QuickBooks file doctor.
- After completion of downloading, just click on the QBFD.EXE file.
- Tap on the INSTALL button.
- Next, permit the INSTALL SHIELD WIZARD.
- After then, follow the screen instructions & the QuickBooks file doctor will AUTOMATICALLY find the glitches.
Solution 5: Change the firewall & internet security configuration:
- Firstly, modify the PORT SETTING of the firewall.
- Check all the PORTS related to the QuickBooks company file communication.
- In the end, just install any ANTIVIRUS DEFENDER.