QuickBooks error code -6000, -80 occurred while opening a file of the company and this error shows their presence on both local & network setup. In maximum cases, users also face issues to open the company file and when they open or work on the company file then, a consequence pop-up arrives display screen. If you are the victim of QuickBooks error message -6000, -80 so this post is helpful for you. As well, this error is also seen in the duration of the program installation, windows software packages & other malicious activities. You can easily rid of this error code -6000, -80. But, before starting the troubleshooting, just learn what are the reasons to arrive this error code.
WHAT ARE THE REASONS FOR QuickBooks error code -6000 , -80?
There might be plenty of reasons but, here are some top reasons where QuickBooks errors -6000, -80 occurred.
- Due to the installation of the QuickBooks is incomplete or corrupted.
- If the data file is again converted over a network of local storage.
- Sometimes, due to the large size of the TLG file.
- QuickBooks file is not able to communicate with the local host or server computer.
Moreover, these are the several reasons when the QuickBooks error -6000, -80 occurred on the display screen.
Solution 1: Update the Current Release:
Just, select your product and click on the ‘SELECT A DIFFERENT PRODUCT’ option.
Follow the screen instructions and click on the AUTOMATIC UPDATES.
Solution 2: Scan all files of the Company:
Tap on the WINDOWS button & select the PROGRAM.
Open the QUICKBOOKS & select QUICKBOOKS SERVER MANAGER.
Click on the ADD FOLDER option from the server manager.
Now, click on the BROWSE and store the COMPANY FILE.
After then, tap on the SCAN and after completion of the scanning, just click on the CLOSE button.
Solution 3: Open the file from the hosting:
Just go to the COMPUTER and visit the FILE location.
Click on the UTILITIES and select the STOP HOSTING user access.
If the stop hosting user access message showing on the display screen then, select YES.
SOLVE QUICKBOOKS ERROR CODE -6000, -80 MESSAGE BY CONDITIONS:
There are two conditions where the QuickBooks error -6000, -80 code can be troubleshoot:
Condition 1: Single-user mode:
In Signal use mode, try to erase the error or detect the issue by QuickBooks data file diagnostic tools.
Let’s start the troubleshooting for Single user environment:
- Firstly, DOWNLOAD & INSTALL the QuickBooks company file diagnostic tool.
- Then, run the DIAGNOSTIC TOOL on your computer system.
- LAUNCH the tool and it will detect the damages.
- Click on the REPAIR & then, use the AUTO DATA RECOVERY option.
- All the data will RESTORE.
Condition 2: Multi-User Mode:
- In Multi-user environment, detect the data file by QuickBooks data FILE DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS.
- Again, download the QUICKBOOKS CONNECTION DIAGNOSTIC TOOL and confirm the T&C.
- Then, click on the INSTALL button and after installation, it will install.
- Click on the TOOL icon and tap on the DETECTION option.
If the file is showing a green checkmark under the advanced option so a network connection is good but, if that is showing any error then, follow the below-presented steps.
Copy the QuickBooks file to the local drive:
- Copy QB company files with BACKUP FILE/. QBB extension.
- Then, click on the UPDATE local hard drive.
After then, back to the QB COMPANY files and place them into the ORIGINAL location.